As I stated last week, information systems should also be mostly analysed on how they will shape our lives in the future, and how new ideas can actually increase our dependency in these systems. A friend of mine pointed out that I seemed a little bit negative and pessimistic in regards to this dependency, when reading again my post I realise that may have been the case.
As such I would like to present you this week with an example that shows that this increased dependency in information systems and their incorporation into our daily lives can actually be a good thing and improve our lives and improve our society as a whole.
This particular example was presented last month by David Merrill, an MIT graduate student, and shows how a simple idea of implementation of information systems can improve the learning experiences for the youngsters and develop the society by allowing for an increased flexibility of the mind and an incentive to creativity.
No comments:
Post a Comment