15 March 2009

Information Mobility

Over the last month I have been posting about the importance of information systems in our lives, and the imperative their are to our current condition. Over these weeks I have been focusing mostly on the current information systems and their applicability in our current lives. But as has been pointed out to me, I am focusing maybe too much on past events and past technologies. The truth is technology is changing at an impressive speed, and is being used to keep us company in every moment of our lives: and I’m not just talking about the simple cell-phone, however sophisticated it may be. This week, instead of a long speech with my thoughts on the matter, I’d rather post a video which has been posted into an online pitch area this past Tuesday 10th of March and regards to a presentation done last month by Pattie Maes and her team from the MIT. This video reflects exactly what I mean by our dependence on future information systems and how these may become just an essential part of our lives: one single idea of a product that when inserted into the market and properly working, people just simple wont be able to live without. Enjoy…

No comments:

Post a Comment